Acclimating your tissue culture
Nurturing a rare plant from tissue culture is both rewarding and cost-effective. Your unique plant will thrive with the expert care and awareness about their needs.
- Use a tweezer to gently take the tissue cultures out of the glass bottle.
- Rinse off the agar and remove any blackened roots or yellowing leaves.
- Disinfect the tissues cultures by placing them in a bowl of water mixed with a few drops of Neem oil & Castile soap.
- Prepare another bowl of distilled water and a few drops of rooting hormone. Soak the tissue cultures in this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Plant tissue cultures into a mixture of 50% perlite and 50% coco coir.
- Slightly moisten, but not soak, the mixture. Cover to preserve 90%+ humidity.
- Acclimate for 2-4 weeks with LED lighting for 12-18 hr/day.